Thunb. ex Murray, Systemat Vegetabilium. Editio decima quarta 858. 1784. (Syst. Veg. (ed. 14))
Yang, A list of plants in Taiwan . 1982. (List Pl. Taiwan, 台灣植物名彙)
- Deciduous tree to 17 m high, with trunks 0.6 m across; bark blackish, furrowed; branches grayish-brown; young branchlets light golden-brown hairy; buds ovoid.
- Leaves obovate, 13–25 cm long, 8.5–17 cm broad, obtuse at apex, auriculate, rounded to cuneate at base, with 6–10 wavy lobes on each side, soft-stellate hairy on both sides at first, becoming glabrous above, lateral veins 8–12 pairs; petioles very short to 0.3–0.9 cm long, densely gray-hairy.
- Staminate inflorescence catkins, pendulous, ca. 9 cm long; staminate flowers 2.5 mm long, 2.5 mm broad, yellowish; perianth 5–6-lobed, lanceolate, hairy outside; stamens 6–8 (4–11), the filaments 1.3–1.5 mm long, anthers 1 mm long, connectives sparsely long-hairy. Pistillate flowers very short-peduncled; perianth 5–7-lobed, triangular, enclosed in involucre, styles 3, stigmas enlarged, truncate.
- Cupules cup-like, scales numerous, brownish, flat, imbricate, lanceolate, somewhat spreading, recurved, tomentose; nuts ellipsoid, 1.5–2 cm long, 1.2–1.5 cm broad, brownish.
Staminate flowers appearing with new Leaves from March to May; fruits maturing from October to November.
- 台灣 : found in the central part at altitudes of 300–1000 m (Hsinshe and Tungshih, Taichung) and southern part at 800–1,600 m (Yichangshan, Lanwulushan and Shenchihshan, 5–10 km east of Wutai, Pingtung). Q. dentata usually forms pure stands on the ridges
- 世界 : Widely distributed in E Asia, including China (from south to north), Mongolia, Korea and Japan .
TAICHUNG: Tungshih, Kawakami & Nakahara 804; Mt. Pashien, Sasaki 36667; Shintsuang, Kawakami & Shimada 32; Tanankun, Kawakami & Mori 1220; Hsinshe, Liao 13100, Chuong 262.
共有 7 份典藏標本
鄭淑芬 Shu-Fen Cheng
郭城孟 Chen-Meng Kuo
川上瀧彌 T.Kawakami, 中原源治 G.Nakahara