Hance, The journal of the Linnean Society of London. Botany 13: 132. 1873. (J. Linn. Soc., Bot.)
Yang, A list of plants in Taiwan . 1982. (List Pl. Taiwan, 台灣植物名彙)
- Perennial with obliquely ascending rhizome clothed with dark brown scales and their fibrous remnants; culm solitary to more or less tufted, 10-70 cm by 1-3 mm, acutely 4-5-angular, smooth.
- Leaves basal, many; blades linear, 5-20 cm by 1.5-5 mm, obtuse, flattish, patent to recurved, often becoming more or less falcate, herbaceous, light green, glabrous, scabird on upper margins; sheaths 1-3 cm long, brown or yellowish brown, eventually disintegraing into dark brown fibers; ligule absent.
- Inflorescence simple to compound, subdense to loose, 2-8 cm long and as wide; involucre bracts nearly setaceous, 2-5, longest 0.5-2 cm long; primary branches 2-6, unequal, 1-6 cm long. Spikelets 12-many per inflorescence, solitary or partially clustered, oblong to lanceolate-oblong , 6-11 mm by 2-4 mm, acute, compressed or subterete, yellowish brown, tinged with purple or dark brown, distichously bearing 8-17-flowers.
- Glumes 8-25 per spikelet, broadly ovate, 2.5-5 mm by 2-3 mm, folded chartaceous, yellowbrown and usually tinged with dark brown, slightly shiny; keel acute, 1-nerved. Stamens 3; anthers 1-1.25 mm long. Style triquetrous, slightly dilated at base, glabrous to sparsely ciliate above; stigmas 3. Achenes broadly obovate, trigonous, 0.7-1 mm by 0.6-0.9 mm, light straw colored, verrculose.
- 台灣 : in grassy hillsides on low mountains.
- 世界 : India, Sri Lanka, Indochina, Malesia, northern Australia and southern China.
PINGTUNG: Hengchun, Suzuki 4917.
共有 1 份典藏標本