Carruth., The journal of the Linnean Society of London. Botany 6: 33. 1862. (J. Linn. Soc., Bot.)
Liu, Illustrations of native and introduced ligneous plants of Taiwan 1: 613. fig. 536. 1960. (Ill. Nat. Intr. Lign. Pl. Taiwan, 台灣木本植物圖誌)
英Sawtooth oak. Low-level oak.
Yang, A list of plants in Taiwan . 1982. (List Pl. Taiwan, 台灣植物名彙)
Liu, Illustrations of native and introduced ligneous plants of Taiwan . 1961. (Ill. Nat. Intr. Lign. Pl. Taiwan, 台灣木本植物圖誌)
- Deciduous trees monoecious, to 17 m high; trunks up to 0.6 m in diameter; bark fissured; young branchlets densely soft-hairy, glabrescent.
- Leaves alternate, oblong, oblong-lanceolate or broadly lanceolate, 12–15 cm long, 3.5–4 cm broad, acute at apex, obtuse or slightly oblique at base, echinate, yellowish-hairy beneath when young, soon becoming glabrous, lateral veins 15–18 pairs; petioles 1.5–2 cm long.
- Staminate flowers in pendulous catkins, 3–4 mm long, 3–4.5 mm broad, yellowish; perianth usually 5-lobed, membranaceous, slightly tomentose outside, glabrous inside; stamens usually 3–7 (2–10), filaments 2.5–3 mm long, anthers 1–1.2 mm long, 0.8–1 mm broad. Pistillate flowers 2–3, often in catkins, 1 mm long, 1 mm broad; perianth with reddish-pink hairs at margins; styles 3, pointed, light yellowish-green; ovary 3-celled.
- Cupules large, cup-like, 2 cm long, 3.6 cm broad, densely covered with long, widely spreading, recurved scales; nuts globose, 2.1 cm long, 1.8–2 cm broad, brown.
Flowering from December to March in Taiwan; fruits maturing from October to November.
- 台灣 : introduced, at Taipei Botanical Garden and at Yangmingshan near Taipei.
- 世界 : Widely distributed in the eastern Himalayas, mainland China, Myanmar, N Thailand, Vietnam, Korea and Japan.
TAIPEI: Taipei Bot. Garden, Liao 11209.
共有 4 份典藏標本