台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
Vascular plants ranging from minute epiphytes, small aquatics, common woodland ferns to tropical tree ferns, the stems have a wide range of stele types, the leaves (megaphylls) differ in size, shape, texture, venation and dermal appendages, the sporangia differ in form and location, usually being borne on the margin or back of ordinary fronds, but are sometimes borne on separte fertile fronds; indusia may be present or absent, and if present, of many different shapes; spores occur in a tremendous number of forms, nearly all are homosporous, but a few aquatics are heterosporous.
6. OPHIOGLOSSACEAE 瓶爾小草科
SHIEH, WANG-CHUENG and DEVOL, CHARLES E.
Eusporangiate, succulent herbs, usually terrestrial (1-2 genera epiphytic); caudex fleshy, short or rhizome fleshy creeping; roots long, fleshy. Fronds simple, pinnate or ternate, not circinnate; fertile segment branching from sterile frond. Sporangia borne in a simple or compound spike. Gametophytes of terrestrial speciies subterranean, fleshy, containing endophytic fungi.
A family of five genera and 90 species, four genera in Taiwan.
KEY TO GENERA
1. Sterile blade simple; veins reticulate.
2. Epiphytic; sterile blade long, ribbon-like… 3. Ophioderma
2. Terrestrial; sterile blade narrowly lanceolate to ovate… 4. Ophioglossum
1. Sterile blade compound; terrestrial ferns; veins free.
3. Sterile blade pinnate or tripartite with many small ultimate divisons; fertile segment paniculate… 1. Botrychium
3. Sterile blade tripartite, with 3 sets of long linear-lanceolate lobes; fertile segment an erect spike… 2. Helminthostachys
1. BOTRYCHIUM Sw. 陰地蕨屬
Fronds with a common stalk, dividing into a sterile and fertile segment; sterile segment simple, pinnate or more often tripartite; veins free, forking; fertile segment paniculate. Sporangia globose attached by short stalks to the branches.
This genus is often split into 3 genera, but the differences between them are not great. Twentythree species, four in Taiwan.
KEY TO SPECIES
1. Sterile blade oblong in outlins, sessile or short stalked, pinnately lobed… 3. B. lunaria
1. Sterile blade tripartite.
2. Sterile blade sessile; fertile segment arising from rachis of sterile blade… 2. B. lanuginosum