台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
27. THELYPTERIDACEAE 金星蕨科
TSAI, JINN-LAI and SHIEH, WANG-CHUENG
Terrestrial ferns; rhizomes usually creeping but not dorsiventral in structure, dictyostelic; rhizomescales usually rigid, not peltate at the base, bearing unicellular needle-like hairs on margins and often on surfaces. Stipes containing 2 vascular bundles at the base and uniting to form a single strand Ushaped in section; laminae usually oblong or narrowly elliptic in outline, bipinnatifid, rarely bipinnate; surfaces bearing slender unicellular or rarely 2-celled hairs, sometimes also short glandular hairs; costae raised on upper surface at base, grooved or not, if grooved, not open to the groove of rachis; veins all free, pinnately arranged in each lobe of pinnae, or with veins of adjacent groups joining to form an areele towards the sinus between the lobes; sinuses closed at the base by a translucent membrane. Sori usually subapical on the veins, round or somewhat elongate; indusia renifonm, rarely naked. Spores always bilateral with perispore.
A family of 26 genera, pantropical, 11 in Taiwan.
KEY TO GENERA
1. Rachises bearing buds in axils of pinnae; veins goniopteroid… 1. Ampelopteris
1. Rachises without buds; veins free or not goniopteroid.
2. Veins of adjacent groups joining to form an areole towards the sinus between the lobes or anastomosing.
3. Indusia reniform… 2. Cyclosorus
3. Indusia wanting.
4. Veins anastomosing… 3. Dictyocline
4. Veins areolate.
5. Laminae simple or pinnate… 8. Pronephrium
5. Laminae pinnatifid, lowest pinnae sometimes free… 10. Stegnogramma
2. Veins free.
6. Rachises winged… 7. Phegopteris
6. Rachises not winged.
7. Upper surface of costae not grooved.
8. Sori exindusiate… 9. Pseudophegoptesis
8. Sori indusiate… 5. Metathelypteris
7. Upper surface of costae grooved.
9. Sori elongate, exindusiate… 4. Leptogramma
9. Sori round, indusiate.
10. Veinlets all running above the sinus… 6. Parathelypteris
10. Veinlets running to the sinus… 11. Thelypteris
1. AMPELOPTERIS Kunze 星毛蕨屬
Rhizomes creeping, sparsely paleate when elongate. Fronds usually of indefinite growth, bearing buds in axils of pinnae; stipes approximate or fascicled; laminae pinnate, irregularly proliferous and producing smaller fronds or clusters of fronds in axils of pinnae, firm-herbaceous; forked unicellular hairs present on rachises, costae and veins bearing simple deciduous setulae; veins of adjacent groups joining to form an areole towards the sinus between the lobes (goniopteroid). Sori elongate along the veinlets, exindusiate, mixed with globose-capitate orange paraphyses. Spores bilateral, granular.