台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
26. LOMARIOPSIDACEAE 羅蔓藤蕨科
TSAI, JINN-LAI and SHIEH, WANG-CHUENG
Rhizomes creeping or scandent, dorsiventral, rooting only on the ventral surface and two or more rows of fronds on the dorsal surface of rhizomes. Stipes distant or tufted, bearing peltately attached, ovate or lanceolate, brown scales at base, with one or two grooves on upper side and rounded on underside; fronds dimorphic, simple or pinnate; pinnae (when present) entire or deeply lobed, in some cases jointed to the rachises; basiscopic edges of pinnae decurrent on a wing or ridge on either side of the rachises; veins free (simple or once forked) or anastomosing and forming areolae without included veinlets, or with free excurrent veinlets directed away from the costae. Fertile fronds usually with longer stipes and narrower laminae. Sori acrostichoid.
A family of about 8 genera with over 600 species, distributed in tropics and subtropics, 4 genera in Taiwan.
KEY TO GENERA
1. Rhizomes scandent on tree trunks… 4. Lomariopsis
1. Rhizomes creeping, epiphytic or terrestrial.
2. Veins anastomosing, forming areolae with or without excurrent free veinlets… 1. Bolbitis
2. Veins free, rarely the lower veinlets forming a few areolae.
3. Fronds simple, the stipes articulate to rhizomes… 3. Elaphoglossum
3. Fronds pinnate, the stipes not articulate to rhizomes… 2. Egenolfia
1. BOLBITIS Schott 實蕨屬
Terrestrial ferns, of moderate size or small; rhizomes creeping, dictyostelic, bearing narrow, dark, entire paleae. Stipes usually approximate, non-articulate, elongate, sparsely paleate, with 2 grooves on upper side, scaley at base; fronds pinnate, rarely simple or bipinnatifid, herbaceous, glabrous; margins crenate to deeply lobed or incised, the sinuses sometimes obstructed by excurrent veins; veins anastomosing, forming areolae with or without excurrent free veinlets. Fertile fronds much contracted, with longer stipes than sterile fronds. Sori acrostichoid, without indusia or paraphyses. Spores globose or nearly so, brownish or hyaline, with thick epispores.
About 85 species, mainly distributed in Asian tropics, three in Taiwan.
KEY TO SPECIES
1. Sterile fronds with a long terminal pinna; pinnae entire or slightly lobed, without a tooth in each sinus… 2. B. heteroclita
1. Sterile fronds with a short terminal pinna; pinnae lobed, bearing a tooth in each sinus.
2. Lateral pinnae more than 20 pairs, their lobes entire… 1. B. contaminans
2. Lateral pinnae 6-15 pairs, their lobes denticulate… 3. B. subcordata
1. Bolbitis contaminans (Wall.) Ching in C. Chr., Ind. Fil. Suppl. 3: 47. 1934; DeVol & Kuo in F1. Taiwan 1: 348. 1975. 細葉實蕨