台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
25. DRYOPTERIDACEAE 鱗毛蕨科
SHIEH, WANG-CHUENG, DEVOL CHARLES E. and KUO, CHEN-MENG
Polystichum by WANG, JENN-CHE and SHIEH, WANG-CHUENG
Medium sized terrestrial ferns, rhizomes dictyostelic, covered with persistent leaf bases, usually short and erect, in two genera long creeping; stipes with a ring of several vascular bundles, usually tufted, in two genera distant or approximate, scaly at least at base; scales opaque and quite diverse in size, shape, texture and color; venation free in nearly all genera; rachis deeply grooved on upper side and usually open to receive rachillage groves. Sori round, dorsal or terminal on veins; indusia round, peltate and centrally attached or attached by a deep sinus, rarely absent, and in one genus globose and stalked.
A family of at least ten genera, ten in Taiwan.
KEY TO GENERA
1. Rhizome long creeping; fronds distant or approximate; first pinnule of all pinnae except the basal pair anadromous.
2. Texture usually coriaceous, glabrous on abaxial side… 3. Arachniodes
2. Texture thin, pubescent along veins on abaxial side… 8. Leptorumohra
1. Rhizome short, erect or suberect; fronds tufted.
3. Pinnae opposite, perpendicular to rachis; lamina tripinnatifid to 5-pinnatifid, each pinnule and pinna bearing a single thin brown scale at its base; pubescent along upperside of rachis and rachillae… 1. Acrophorus
3. Not as above.
4. Indusia globose.
5. Indusia stalked; lamina bipinnate… 9. Peranema
5. Indusia not stalked; lamina about 4 times pinnate… 6. Diacalpe
4. Indnsia lacking or round, attached by a sinus or central stalk (peltate).
6. Veins anastomosing; rachis groove not open to receive costal grooves.
7. Sori in a single medial row on either side of costa… 4. Cyrtogonellum
7. Sori multiseriate on either side of costa… 5. Cyrtomium
6. Veins free; rachis groove open to receive rachillae grooves.
8. first pinnules of all pinna except the lowest anadromous; rachis usually more or less zigzag… 2. Acrorumohra
8. Fronds 1-pinnate, or first pinnule of all pinnae (except the lowest) catadromous.
9. Indusia peltate, centrally attached; pinnules often with stiff aristate margins… 10. Polystichum
9. Indusia attached by a sinus (rarely absent); margins often serrate, not aristate… 7. Dryopteris
1. ACROPHORUS Presl 魚鱗蕨屬
Terrestrial ferns; caudex short, suberect, dictyostelic, covered with large, thin, ovate-lanceolate, reddish-brown scales. Stipe tufted, scaly near base, upper scales caducous: laminae large, tripinnatifid to 5-pinnatifid, pinnae opposite, sessile, with a single thin, brown, more or less reniform scale at the base of each pinna and pinnule; venation free; texture thin herbaceous; grooved on upper side of rachis and rachillae; margins of grooves bearing ctenitis-hairs, especially near the base of each pinna and pinnule, rachilla groove opening into rachis groove. Sori round, usually terminal on the short veinlets; indusia cup-shaped, attached by broad base.