台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
21. VITTARIACEAE 書帶蕨科
SHIEH, WANG-CHUENG, CHIOU, WEN-LIANG and DEVOL, CHARLES E.
Small ferns growing suberect or pendent on rocks or tree trunks; rhizome creeping, usually short; roots covered with a mass of brown hairs; scales clathrate, usually very narrow and hair-pointed; stipitate or sessile, stipes usually containing two vascular bundles. Fronds tufted or approximate, simple, entire (or sometimes forked at apex), venation usually reticulate, forming elongated areolae without included veinlets, epidermis with long thicked-walled sclerids. Sporangia borne along the marginal, or dichotomously forking veins, superficial or more often in soral grooves, paraphyses yellowish to brown, abundant, filiform or club-shaped, simple or branched.
A family of nine genera, three in Taiwan.
KEY TO GENERA
1. Fronds narrowly linear, costa distinct, running full length of lamina; venation obscure.
2. Fronds less than 1 mm wide, with a single long coenosori or 1-4 short interrupted sori borne in a single row… 2. Vaginularia
2. Fronds 2-12 mm wide, coenosori borne in 2 row being either marginal, submarginal ( or in very narrow fronds ) or medial… 3. Vittaria
1. Fronds oblanceolate, obovate or elliptic, costa absent or only distinct near base of lamina; venation prominent, dichotomous… 1. Antrophyum
1. ANTROPHYUM Kaulf. 車前蕨屬
Rhizome short; scales clathrate, narrowly attenuate to hair-pointed tips; roots covered with a mass of brown hairs. Fronds tufted, simple, oblanceolate or elliptic, sessile or stipitate; c. s. of stipe with two bundles; costa absent or only distinct on basal part of lamina; veins dichotomously forked, often forming elongate areolae without included veinlets. Sporangia following the veins, usually sunken in grooves; paraphyses abundant, clavate or linear, simple or branched.
A genus of about 40 species nearly all growing on shaded, mossy rocks. The distinctions between them are small; four species in Taiwan.
KEY TO SPECIES
1. Paraphyses clavate.
2. Stipe often as long or longer than lamina; fronds broadly obovate to elliptic; costa lacking… 2. A. obovatum
2. Stipe short or absent; fronds elliptic, gradually narrowed to base; costa purple, in lower 1/3 of frond… 3. A. parvulum
1. Paraphyses linear; stipes short or absent; fronds oblanceolate or elliptic.
3. Lower part of lamina without a costa… 1. A. formosanum
3. Lower part of lamina with a costa… 4. A. sessilifolium
1. Antrophyum formosanum Hieron. In Hedwigia 57: 210. 1915; DeVol in Fl. Taiwan 1: 232. 1975. 台灣車前蕨
Antrophyum cumingii auct. Non F'ee: Matsum. & Hayata, Enum. Pl. Form. 626. 1960.