台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
20. ADIANTACEAE 鐵線蕨科
Terrestrial ferns; rhizome erect, oblique or creeping, solenostelic or dictyostelic, clothed with either hairs of narrow brownish scales. Fronds uniform or rarely subdimorphic, 1-4-pinnate or pedate, rarely simple, not articulate to rhizome; veins free or rarely anastomosing without included free veinlets. Sori superficial, linear, following the course of veins, exindusiate or close to the margin, borne along the apical part of fertile veins on the underside of the sharply reflexed discolored membranaceous or coriaceous leaf-margin, which protects the sori as a false indusia. Sporangia with a vertical annulus, developing in mixed sequence. Spores tetrahedral.
A family of about 20 genera and 300 species, widely distributed in the tropical and temperate regions of the world, seven genera and 23 species in Taiwan.
KEY TO GENERA
1. Sori protected by and borne on the reflexed margin… 2. Adiantum
1. Sori exindusiate, superficial, following the course of veins.
2. Frond glabrous or ceraceous.
3. Pinna ample and never finely dissected.
4. Sori borne on the distal pinnae, densely covering the dorsal surface… 1. Acrostichum
4. Sori continuous along the veins… 4. Coniogramme
3. Pinna small or dissected.
5. Frond membranaceous, nether surface not ceraceous… 3. Anogramma
5. Frond herbaceous, nether surface ceraceous… 7. Pityrogramma
2. Frond hairy.
6. Frond simple and cordate… 6. Hemionitis
6. Frond pinnate… 5. Gymnopteris
1. ACROSTICHUM L. 鹵蕨屬
Terrestrial ferns of brackish marsh; stem erect, short, stout, woody, scaly. Fronds erect, simply pinnate with large entire pinnae, thick-coriaceous, glabrescent; venation closely and uniformly reticulate without included veinlets. Sporangia borne on the distal pinnae, densely covering the dorsal surface without distinction of sori, mixed with large, capitate, lobed paraphyses.
Pantropic 3-4 more or less distinct species, one in Taiwan.
1. Acrostichum aureum L., Sp. Pl. 1069. 1753. 鹵蕨 Pl.97
Rhizome creeping, usually short, dictyostelic. Frond fairly large, up to 1 m, oblong-ovate, simply pinnate, thick-coriaceous, glabrescent; pinnae many, simple, only the upper ones fertile.
Distributed in all tropical and some subtropical coasts.
PINGTUNG: Chialoshue, Chiou 13548. TAITUNG: Kuanshan, Tsai 14653*; Loshan, Shieh & Tsai 11293.