台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
19. PTERIDACEAE 鳳尾蕨科
Terrestrial ferns; rhizome erect or creeping, solenostelic or dictyostelic, clothed with scales. Fronds uniform or subdimorphic, 1-3-pinnate or variously divided, not articulate to rhizome; veins free or anastomosing without included free veinlets. Sori round or oblong, borne on distal ends or on the apical parts of veins, or forming continuous conenosori borne on the vascular commissure connecting the vein-ends, without true indusium, but protected by the modified and sharply reflexed leaf-margin and opening introrsely; sporangia developing in mixed sequence, with vertical annulus. Spores tetrahedral or rarely bilateral.
A family of about 20 genera and 650 species, mainly tropical in distribution; six genera and 42 species in Taiwan.
KEY TO GENERA
1. Sori coenosori, originally borne on the vascular commissure… 6. Pteris
1. Sori borne on distal ends of veins or laterally confluent and forming continous coenosori.
2. Sori round or oblong, borne on distal ends of veins.
3. Fronds dimorphic… 2. Cryptogramma
3. Fronds uniform.
4. Pseudoindusinm marginal… 1. Chelianthes
4. Pseudoindusinm intramarginal… 4. Mildella
2. Sori coenosori, originally borne on distal ends of veins.
5. Fronds palmately lobed… 3. Doryopteris
5. Fronds tripinnate or more compound… 5. Onychium
1. CHEILANTHES Sw. 碎米蕨屬
Rhizome short-creeping or becoming erect, solenostelic, clothed with narrow scales. Fronds small, usually clustered, narrow to broadly deltoid, bipinnatifid to tripinnate, herbaccous, hairy, scaly or rarely glabrescent, sometimes nether surface more or less densely white- or yellow-ceraceous; veins free. Sori marginal, on the tips of the veins, the sporangia confined to the enlarged vein-tip, or sometimes spreading more or less laterally and joined by a commissure, usually discontinuous, rarely occupying the whole edge of a leaflet, protected by the reflexed and more or less modified reflexed margin which are individual and separate or more or less continuous; annulus of 14-32 thickened cells. Spores tetrahedral, smooth or granulose rarely reticulate-spinulose.
About 180 species, in all tropical and warm-temperate regions, characteristic of dry or exposed places; five species in Taiwan.
KEY TO SPECIES
1. Frond oblong or lanceolate, nether surface without ceraceous covering.
2. Frond not hairy; pseudoindusium always present.
3. Frond bipinnate, narrowed towards the base… 2. C. chusana
3. Frond tripinnate, not narrowed downward… 5. C. tenuifolia
2. Frond clothed with hairs, pseudoindusium obsolescent or wanting… 4. C. hirsuta