台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
16. LINDSAEACEAE 陵齒蕨科
Terrestrial or in few species climbing; rhizome creeping, protostelic, clothed with narrow scales or with hairs (or both). Fronds pinnately divided, sometimes very finely, in a few cases simple, not articulated to rhizome; veins free or anastomosing without included free veinlets. Sori marginal or nearly marginal, terminal on the veins, simple (on apices of separate veins) or joined to form a fusionsori (coenosori) of varying lengths, upon submarginal soral veins joining the form a ends of the normal veins; indusia always present, attached on the basal side of the sorus and opening towards the margin, in some cases attached by its sides as well as base; sporangia developing in gradate sequence, with vertical annulus. Spores tetrahedral or rarely bilateral.
A family of about ten genera and 250 species, mainly tropical in distribution; three genera and 11 species in Taiwan.
KEY TO GENERA
1. Sorus served by a single veinlet.
2. Pinnae or pinnules dimidiate… 1. Lindsaea
2. Pinnae or pinnules not dimidiate… 3. Tapeinidium
1. Sorus served by plural veinlets.
3. Pinnules cuneiform… 2. Sphenomeris
3. Pinnae or pinnules not cuneiform… 1. Lindsaea
1. LINDSAEA Dry. 陵齒蕨屬
Terrestrial or climbing; rhizome slender and creeping or very short, protostelic, clothed with narrow scales. Fronds of moderate size or small, pinnate or pinnately branched with pinnate branches, pinnules typically dimidiated or rarely almost symmetrical, herbaceous or subcoriaceous, glabrous; veins free or anastomosing, without included free veinlets. Sori submarginal, terminal on single veins and then roundish, or on an intramarginal connecting-vein and then linear or even continuous along the margin; indusia a narrow flap attached along the base of the receptacle, open towards the margin, reaching the margin or not; annulus of 9-17 thickened cells. Spores tetrahedral or rarely bilateral, smooth or minutely warty.
About 200 species, pantropic, south to New Zealand, Tasmania and Natal; eight species in Taiwan.
KEY TO SPECIES
1. Epiphytic or scandent, the stele strongly dorsiventral, lamina simply pinnate… 5. L. merillii var. yaeyamensis
1. Terrestrial, the stele radially symmetric or nearly so.
2. Pinnae or pinnules dimidiate.
3. Veins free.
4. Spores monolete.
5. Pinnae not obliquely triangular; sori interrupted into coenosori terminating 2-4-veinlets… 6. L. odorata