台灣植物誌 第二版 Flora of Taiwan, 2nd edition Vol. 1
12. PLAGIOGYRIACEAE 瘤足蕨科
SHIEH, WANG-CHUENG, DEVOL, CHARLES E. and LU, CHIN-YI
Mostly medium sized terrestrial ferns, occasionally with dwarf forms; rhizome usually short, stout, erect, cylindrical, covered with overlapping leaf bases; stipes swollen, usually triangular or tetragonal at the base, often narrowly winged, without scales or true hairs but bearing glandular twisted hairs on young stipes; aerophores usually present on base of stipe. Fronds dimorphic, tufted; ferrile fronds usually longer than the sterile; lamina deeply pinnatifid or pinnate, the veins free, simple or once forked. Sori protected when young with the scarious reflexed margin; sporangia with a complete oblique annulus, the stalk long; lip cells borne near base of sporangium; paraphyses usually intermingled with the sporangia; spores trilete, rounded-triangular in shape; laesurae open or closed; exine usually with gemmate processes.
Ferns growing on forest floors in the mountains of the subtropical and tropical regions of the world.
1. PLAGIOGYRIA Mett. 瘤足蕨屬
Characters of the family.
One genus and about 50 species, seven taxa in Taiwan.
KEY TO SPECIES
1. Lower pairs of pinnae petiolate.
2. Fronds glaucous beneath… 3. P. formosana
2. Frornd without white powder beneath.
3. Sterile frond shorter than fertile; only uppermost pair of pimae adnate at base, all other upper pinnae much constricted at base… 2. P. euphlebia
3. Sterile frond as long or longer than fertile; upper 1/3 or 1/4 of frond with adnate pinnae… 5. P. koidzumii
1. Lower pairs of pinnae adnate.
4. Lower pinnae suddenly reduced to auricles… 7. P. stenoptera
4. Lower pinnae not reduced to auricles.
5. Lower pinnae deflexed, c. s. of upper stipe triangular… 1. P. dunnii
5. Lower pinnae widely spreading, sometimes shortened; c. s. of upper stipe tetragonal.
6. Apex of sterile frond pinnatifid, or often with a much lobed terminal segment; lower pinnae narrowed at base on abaxial side, recurrent on adaxial side… 6. P. rankanensis
6. Apex with a terminal segment much like the lateral pinnae; lower pinnae narrowed on both sides at base… 4. P. japonica
1. Plagiogyria dunnii Copel. In Philip. Journ. Sci. 3: 281. 1908; DeVol & Lu in F1. Taiwan 1: 145. 1975. 倒葉瘤足蕨
Plagiogyria falcata auct. Non Copel.: Ogata, Icon. Fil. Jap. 8: p1. 386. 1940.
Caudex short, erect, sterile fronds 30-70 cm tall, 8 to 16 cm wide; stipes 8 to 23 cm long, without aerophores at base, narrowly winged on ridges; c. s. triangular both at base and above. Fronds deeply pinnatifid or pinnate, the apex of frond pinnatifid, the basal one or more pairs of pinnae slightly